21 must-know email automation stats
It's no secret that we've been talking a lot about automation around these parts lately. We've discussed a bunch of different ways marketers can automate, created a handy guide for getting started and even shared some sneak peeks at the expanded automation product we're rolling out. We promise we've tried to keep the PDA to a minimum, but you might be wondering why we've gone so gaga over automation. It's because it works – and we're big fans of anything that gets great results AND makes our marketing lives easier at the same time.
But don't just take our word for it. Check out these 21 eye-opening stats on why more and more marketers are getting in the automation game.
7 quick stats to start you off...
This is what we mean when we say automation gets great results:
1. Automation increases revenue. B2C marketers who send automated emails see conversion rates as high as 50% (eMarketer). [Tweet this]
2. It reaches people at the right time when they're ready to open and click. Automated emails get 119% higher click rates than broadcast emails (Epsilon). [Tweet this]
Here are just two of the many reasons why automation increases revenue:
3. Automation is the best and easiest way to send timely, relevant emails to your subscribers. Relevant emails drive 18x more revenue than broadcast emails (Jupiter Research). [Tweet this]
4. And you can use it to keep potential customers engaged until they're ready to buy. Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases (The Annuitas Group). [Tweet this]
Plus, automation helps you save time:
5. Besides continually working behind the scenes after the initial setup, automation helps you get more mileage from your existing content. Sending automated emails helps marketers repurpose 61% more content than marketers who don't use automation (The Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups). [Tweet this]
If you're looking for an easy automated email to get started with:
And if you're already sending new subscribers a welcome email, first give yourself a high five, and then look at some ways you can do even more with automation:
7. Try sending an automated email whenever one of your subscribers has a birthday. Birthday emails can lift conversion rates by 60% over non-birthday emails with the same offer (ClickZ). [Tweet this]
...plus 14 more you need to know.
Ready to really become an automation expert? Here are 14 more illustrated stats jam-packed with the smarts you need to get rolling with email automation right away.
Already automating? Let us know what's working (or what's not) in the comments!