26 email stats that all smart marketers should know and love
We confess. We’re marketing nerds. Data, metrics and stats really rev our engines, so we’re always collecting and sharing our favorites around the Emma house.
For example, did you know that emails with pictures of puppies in rocking chairs have an average clickthrough rate of 72%?
Ok, I totally made that up. But these? All true, and some will help you think differently about your email marketing.
The first 8 stats...
1. Let’s start off with a doozy: The reported ROI of email is 4300%! (DMA)
2. Split testing is a great way to get big results. 74% of email marketers who test claim an ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ ROI, versus 37% who do not test. (Adestra)
3. Designing with mobile in mind is more important than ever. Email is the #1 activity on mobile devices, beating out making phone calls. (Adobe)
4. If a message doesn’t look good on their small screens, 70% say they’ll just delete it, and 16% will unsubscribe. Only 9% will try to read the message on their smart phone. (BlueHornet)
5. In a recent survey of over 1300 Millenials, 55% said they use email all day. Only 38% said they use Facebook as regularly folllowed by Twitter at 25%. (AWeber)
6. If you're not already sending a welcome email, you should start. Like, today. Welcome emails typically have 4 times the open rate and 5 times the click rate of bulk mailings. (Experian)
7. Want to convert and develop brand advocates with email? Video is a really good place to start. 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
8. And when video is added to email, 55% of marketers reported higher clickthrough rates, 44% saw an increase in the amount of time subscribers spent with an email and 41% reported an increase in the sharing or forwarding of emails. (eMarketer)
...plus 18 more.
Can't get enough stats? Here are 18 more (with illustrations!) to help you become an email marketing whiz.
Know of any good ones we should add to the list? Let us know in the comments!