What makes an email campaign mobile-optimized, anyway?
Everyone's talking about mobile email right now, but with all the chatter, it can be hard to know where to start. Never fear – we've got five easy tweaks you can make to your next email campaign to ensure it looks great on screens big and small.
- Shorten your header. A simplified header that's 50-100 pixels in height looks just right on a mobile device.
- Enlarge your text and buttons. Body copy should be about 14 pt and buttons should be 45 pixels. That keeps everything fingertip friendly.
- Choose your images wisely. Bold images with a single focus render great on mobile devices. You can get more brainy image advice here.
- Think about the next step. Make sure you're linking to mobile-friendly sites. You don't want to create dead ends for your email readers.
- Streamline your layout. A single-column layout works best for mobile. If you like two column layouts, just use a responsive template in your Emma account! You can have your sidebar on desktop views and we'll automatically create a single-column layout for folks who read it on mobile.
Let us know if you have any questions, and if you're doing mobile email right, be sure to share a link in the comments. We'd love to see!