Watch this video for a tutorial on adding and editing images to your mailings:
Or, read step-by-step instructions for:
- Uploading images to image placeholders
- Arranging and removing image placeholders
- Working with multiple images
Uploading images to image placeholders
1. Click any image placeholder in your mailing.
- Upload from your computer
- Select from saved images in your Emma image library (Learn more)
- Use an image in your Facebook or Flickr account (If your Facebook account is associated with a personal page and a business page, you'll see both sets of albums here.)
3. Set the following specs:
- Size. You can upload the image at its original size, or choose a pre-determined size from the dropdown menu.
- Padding. Your image's padding – the white space around the image in your campaign – is set to 10 pixels by default. You can change this here, if you'd like to give your image more of a buffer.
- Alternative text. Not all email recipients will have images turned on in their email program. You'll want to add a bit of descriptive text here so folks know what they're missing.
- Link URL. Want your image to link to a webpage? Type in the URL here.
Hover over an image placeholder to reveal the trash can icon. Click it to remove an image that's in a combo block.
Using Emma's flexible layouts to build campaigns allows you to create sets of horizontal and vertical images. You can even create a gallery of images to show off multiple products. Let's dig in:
- Changing alignment from horizontal to vertical (and back again)
- Rearranging the order of images in a block
- Using Smart Sizing
- Creating an image gallery
To create a set of horizontal images, drag the images content block into your campaign. It's set to display the images horizontally by default.
Three image slots will appear in your campaign.
To make the images display vertically, hover over the content block and click on the yellow Options tab.
In the menu that appears, change the Layout from Horizontal to Vertical.
Here's the result:
To change the order of the images in a block, just hover over an image, click the four-way location button and drag the image where you want it.
Smart Sizing is a default setting that ensures images in the same block are proportionate. The result is a balanced, professional-looking campaign. Let's say you have a block with three image placeholders:
Add your images one-by-one to the placeholders. No matter the size of each individual image, Emma will resize each to match the small image in the block.
If you want to see how time images would look with Smart Sizing turned off, you can adjust that setting manually:
- Hover over the block and click the yellow Options tab
- In the Settings menu, toggle the Smart Sizing menu to Off
Now take a look at your images in their original sizes.
We think your images look much better with Smart Sizing turned on, but there may be times when you'll want to adjust this setting to achieve a certin look in your campaign.
Drag and drop three of the images content blocks into your campaign, creating nine image placeholders (or just add as many as you like).
Hover over them and click the yellow Options tab. In the Settings menu, leave Smart Sizing turned on and turn on captions so that you can write a product description beneath each image.