Sometimes we get caught up in so many of the *other* reasons that email marketing makes sense, that we lose sight of the one that really matters: email works. The DMA estimates that in 2011, it brought back over $40 for every single dollar spent.
It’s staggering, right? While this $40 is certainly an average and not a guarantee, it’s a sign that if you learn about how to do email marketing right, you’re about as close to a marketing sure thing as you can get.
In fact, I feel like it’s almost unfair to put all of these channels in the same category for comparison. When you think of even the simplest of sales funnels, email is always happening much further down in the engagement process than most of these other tactics. It’s no wonder it’s more effective.
Your audience is engaged, they’re committed, they’ve indeed asked you to send them your marketing materials. That’s some opportunity. Make the most of it.
How can you make the most of it, you ask? Here are some tips and tricks from the Emma team:
- Designer Kelly McClain shares five tips for creating visually appealing campaigns.
- Kelli Liszka gives even more pointers for creating visual appeal.
- Susan Blue encourages you to tell your company story in the inbox.
- Hilary Smith writes about the effectiveness of landing pages.
- Agency relations member Cody De Vos highlights lifecycle mailings for different stages of the subscriber relationship.
If you have questions along the way, don’t hesitate to ask. We’d love to hear how we can help with your email marketing plans.