Emma Social recap: The Super Stat edition
It’s no secret that we love our stats around these parts. And some of the fun stats around the big game on Sunday are just fascinating:
- There will be 1.23 billion chicken wings consumed. About 1 billion of those by me. (National Chicken Council)
- Completely unrelated: There is a 20% spike in antacid sales the day after the game. (7-Eleven)
- 9 of the 10 most watched TV shows in US history are Super Bowls. The other one? The M*A*S*H finale. (Nielsen)
- A 30 second ad costs $4.5 million, making it the most expensive ad buy in history (Kantar Media)
- Contrary to popular belief, it's not the biggest beer drinking day of the year. Number 1? Fourth of July. 'Merica! (Nielsen)
- Hashtags have replaced URLs as the most popular Super Bowl ad call to action. Audi was the first to use a hashtag in a Super Bowl ad. (Kantar Media)
- There will be 1,345,823 grown man tears shed watching this:
Is it getting dusty in here? Ok, take in these links while I grab a tissue.
Our most popular tweet of the week
A favorite from our own feed
Follow along in real time on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!